Saturday, February 26, 2011

i must really love my baby...

Feeling shell shocked and really upset after the Christchurch earthquake. Have found myself in tears many times. We've been so lucky and all our friends are safe and well. There has been so much loss, and I can't even express how it has made me feel. I am very thankful for my wonderful family, but also terrified of what could have happened if it were us.

Today I made pate. From real chicken livers. It was the most disgusting thing in the world. Next time, David is making it. (It still makes me retch thinking about it). The pate is for Ollie, as an iron rich food in his baby led solids journey. As Scone said to me this evening, I must really really love Ollie to make it. The recipe made heaps, so I think I'll have to add some salt and pepper so David will eat some. I also made Ollie hummus. Going to really try and widen the food I give him this week as I've gotten a bit lazy 'cause he loves toast so much. Despite the love of toast, he doesn't actually ingest all that much yet! He isn't supposed to, but it is weird considering we spend a fair bit of time "eating".

Last night we went to my step-sisters for a BBQ. It was great to finally meet our newest niece! She is absolutely gorgeous! She was born premature, and is now nine weeks old (four weeks adjusted). She is doing so well!


 Ollie got to try out his cousin's baby automatic swing, he was rather impressed and even went to sleep in it (eventually!!). I can definitely see the appeal of those swings - it kept him really happy when he was mega overtired. Definitely not a necessity, but great for subsequent babies so you can deal to the older kids!




Ollie is six months old next week! I might have to do some kind of "the last six months post" like our buddies Ree & Alex. (Ain't she a cutie!?)

1 comment: