Monday, April 11, 2011

Back to the coalface...

So I've decided to go back to work. *sad face* At this stage just two days a week (Tues & Thurs) but it will be very hard to leave Oliver. He is going into a childcare centre, so hopefully all goes well. They are happy to take cloth nappies, and seem to have a really good approach to kids and free play. Not sure how the food thing is going to go, I have a settling visit with Oliver tomorrow so hopefully we can discuss it then. They have an in house chef and you aren't allowed to bring any food in. I presume to avoid allergy/sharing issues. I don't think they are very knowledgable about baby led intro to solids, and the food they prepare probably isn't with baby led in mind. Apparently they puree the lunch for the smaller kids. I've had a few suggestions as to how to approach it. Let them puree feed him for two days a week, its only two meals (not keen on this one). No food at all, just milk,on childcare days (can't see this one working as he is starting to actually eat now!). Tell them to give him the same as an older kid (he'll be eight months) and don't worry if he doesn't eat anything. I know there is a bunch of baby led stalkers out there.. do you have any suggestions?

And now my time to blog has run out, I'm trying to limit my computer time in an effort to get the other million things I need to do done! Time for Ollie pics

Ollie really loves his daddy, and David gets lots of smiles at dinnertime

this picture really cracks me up. Ollie does this alot at the dinner table. And.. if you look REALLY closely you might be able to see our new bottom teeth! Woo!

lamb kofta ... YUM


my beautiful happy boy

No comments:

Post a Comment